Introductory Lectures - Summer Term 2024
Wednesday 24th April to Wednesday 3rd July
5.45pm to 7.35pm (BST)
This series will take place remotely via Zoom.
Lectures in this series will be recorded and available to access for 1 week.
Wednesday seminar group option available directly after the lecture.
Tuesday 11.30am seminar group option available, UK time. (limited places)
The Summer Term will focus entirely on case studies, from Freud up to the present, across the British tradition.
This series is aimed at students who have some prior knowledge of psychoanalytic concepts and are interested in seeing theory at work in the consulting rooms of well-known analysts, past and present. It can be taken as a progression from the first two terms of Introductory Lectures and Seminars, but also as a stand-alone programme.
You'll hear from psychoanalysts at the forefront of psychoanalytic practice, including those who have trained, taught and supervised at leading universities and treatment centres and NHS settings.
- Lectures start at 5.45pm and are held on Wednesdays, via Zoom.
- Each lecture lasts approximately one hour, including time for questions
- There is a short break before moving into smaller discussion groups (40 minutes)
- You will stay in the same discussion group throughout the term so that you can explore the themes in a group setting and deepen your understanding together.
- You will be provided with a reading list and core reading material for each lecture
Concession ticket prices are for students with a valid NUS card, NHS trainees and people not in employment. You will be asked for evidence of this after booking.
REFUND POLICY: Tickets are fully refundable until 14 days before the term starts, after which time no refunds will be issued.
Views and opinions expressed by speakers are their own and do not represent the views or opinions of the Institute, event organisers or other speakers. We expect delegates to respect the confidentiality of clinical material discussed in our events. The content must not be recorded, conveyed or disseminated in any format and participants must not share access to the event with non-registered participants.
|Standard: Summer term
|Concession: Summer term